- Pair of North Hickory (of Hickory, NC) French style leather wingback chairs with extensive woodwork - I plan to have reupholstered in a cream matelasse fabric just bought through eBay
- Pair of compact Drexel Armchairs with wood that will be refurbished using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (ASCP) on woodwork and a cream linen-like fabric (probably) on the frame - this great set and the next item were bought from a woman who looks almost exactly like famed English actor, Judi Dench - she hears it ALL the time
- Calico Corners leather wingback chair and ottoman (from same seller as above) she hadn't even listed the set but I offered to buy it while picking up the other chairs and she agreed
- Calico Corners French Country chair and ottoman - wood with rust bottoms and cushions on top and back - the woodwork is already partially redone in ASCP cream and the cushions are at the shop to be recovered in a beautiful blue and white damask chintz-like fabric
- Sam Moore chair and ottoman in a vaguely French Country style but a little more rugged in details - to be redone in a "masculine" large-scale navy and cream plaid with some wool content
- Pair of Lee Industries wing back chairs - to be redone in a retro-looking cream twill fabric
SO, I have again overbought! Sales this time of year are a bit slow and I had told myself to slow down in making additional acquisitions. Who can stop themselves, however, when these types of options present themselves! Not me!
Here are some pieces in my current inventory that were originally Craigslist purchases. As I've said cautioned numerous times - be careful when selecting used furniture to refurbish to make sure the high cost (and time commitment) is worth while. Clearly, however, there are wonderful pieces out there to be discovered!